se:cube max – the room-in-room system
More space, more flexibility, more room for retreat
Many offices are planned as open landscapes and open-plan offices – and more and more cubes are joining them. With good acoustics and a pleasant atmosphere, they form places of retreat where work can be done in peace and quiet, even discreetly.
The office is increasingly becoming a place for organised teamwork. Workshops with movable furniture, flexible use of space and pandemic distances – for this, you simply need more space and good solutions. For example, with a room-in-room system.
Extra space in the office
The use of the office is becoming more flexible and increasingly perceived as a meeting place for employees who otherwise work on the move or in a home office. Collaboration in a wide variety of forms is taking on a new meaning. And space is needed for this. Room-in-room systems in large offices address these needs. Retreat is made possible just as much as concentration and quiet. The acoustics and noise protection work in both directions – work can be done undisturbed inside the cube and the environment outside is not distracted by what is being said inside the cube.
Room-in-room solutions from Sedus
The highly successful se:cube series, launched at Orgatec 2018, is being expanded to include the se:cube max room-in-room system due to strong demand for even larger units. Equipped with the numerous features of the original tried-and-tested Sedus office cubes, the retrofittable interiors offer space for up to eight people. In this way, they create new space in existing building structures.
Here are the important key points for the se:cube max:
- It is offered in three fixed sizes: 3 x 3, 3 x 4 and 4 x 4 metres.
- The technical panel with the control unit for lighting and ventilation is located in the technical wall, as are the connections for the power supply. The inspection opening for ventilation and filter replacement is also integrated.
- The wall with the entrance door always remains glazed, the other walls can be closed and/or glazed. The se:cube max can be easily integrated into any existing building structure with a ceiling height of 2.80 m or more.
- The statically free-standing room can also be used with existing underfloor heating systems, as it is not screwed to the floor; the power connection is made with a simple plug & play system. Additional technical refinements such as a presence detector, CO2 sensor, temperature sensor and flush-mounted ventilation make the se:cube max a fully-fledged room-within-a-room system with excellent acoustic properties and a valued place of retreat in open office landscapes.
Like the se:cube product family, the se:cube max can be furnished with tables, screens, seating and storage furniture from the extensive Sedus collection. The cross-product world of colours and shapes is unique on the market (see here for details on interior and exterior colours and our colour palettes).
Other articles which may interest you:
- Renewal of the EcoVadis gold rating
- Four German Design Awards for new Sedus products
- Ergonomics in the home office – se:desk