TÜV- certificate for se:cube
se:cubes from Sedus work perfectly in large office landscapes and open spaces as retreats, temporary individual workstations or meeting rooms. These ‘office pods’ have several advantages: They enable spontaneous and flexible exchange, offer additional space and integrate harmoniously into the work environment.
Find out more about the se:cube product family here!
There is now an additional special innovation: Sedus’ se:cube range is the first office cube to be awarded the “Tested Safety” seal by the German Technical Inspection Agency TÜV. This guarantees users international safety standards, quality criteria and compliance with norms. In addition, all electrical components were tested and found to be safe. Here’s an overview:
- The lighting: for optimal illumination, an LED panel is mounted on the ceiling in each se:cube and the light intensity is preset to meet the required workplace standard of 500 lux on the work surface. Fully automatic control is provided by the presence detector in the luminaire. For manual dimming (e.g. for a presentation on a screen), se:cube can be supplemented with a wireless switch. In addition, a red or blue LED light around the outside of the cube indicates whether the module is currently occupied. The lighting is now TÜV-certified.
- Ventilation: The air exchange rates were also closely scrutinized by TÜV. With se:cube’s building-independent ventilation, fresh air is supplied via the air inlet above the ceiling light. The stale air is drawn into the lower part of the wall panel and released back into the surrounding space by the fans above the wall. Large cross-sections and sound-insulated ventilation ducts ensure that the room can be comprehensively ventilated and that sound is not transmitted at the same time. The large cross-sections of the ventilation ducts reduce noise and minimise perceptible drafts. As part of the redesign of the se:cubes, Sedus supplemented the ventilation system with a new radial fan. This fan can achieve better efficiency even with high air resistance, such as with insulated supply and exhaust air. The ventilation system is now equipped with the TÜV seal.
- The CO2 sensor: For the certification, Sedus has incorporated a new, safety-relevant feature into the se:cubes that is currently unique among office cube solutions: an optical warning signal in the event of poor air quality. The CO2 sensor is coupled with the control system and the lighting. If the CO2 in the cube rises above 1000 ppm, the smart control automatically regulates the ventilation further up. Above 1400 ppm, the air quality is designated as poor. Should 1300 ppm be reached because, for example, an employee manually regulates the ventilation down again, the lighting in the se:cube starts to dim until the CO2 content has decreased again. This feature alerts users to the bad air and allows them to adjust the ventilation or open the door of the cube. This feature is a requirement for GS certification.
- Acoustics: Wherever people are, there is a certain amount of background noise. Typing on the computer, the rattling of the printer and the small talk of colleagues can quickly be perceived as disturbing and thus distract from one’s own tasks. The se:cube product family offers soundproofed retreats for temporary use, which have now been tested and certified by TÜV as a complete system.
Four walls that offer space for ideas and productivity
Whether it’s a long phone call, a meeting in a small group or concentrated individual work: the se:cube is the office cube element that creates a perfect symbiosis of proximity and distance.
In the designs, S, M, L there are several dimensions – each equipped with different features and with the possibility to realise different facilities.
Other topics which may interest you:
- Sedus Stoll Group closes 2022 financial year with record turnover
- Award-winning environmental management
- Sedus INSIGHTS N°17 – Digital fatigue
- Meet our keynote speaker Hannah Nardini at Clerkenwell Design Week
- Global cooperation: Sedus and Watson